CONTACT OUR CHARTER BROKERS ABOUT CHARTERING IN THIS DESTINATION
Chartering a yacht in the Bahamas will start at around $25,000 a week, with a 30% APA, VAT of 14%, and a standard tip of 15% to add. The advanced provisioning allowance (APA) will cover the yacht's food, drinks, fuel, and berthing during your travels, allowing you to have the greatest holidays of your lifetime. The tip remains at the discretion of the client but is advised anywhere between 10% to 20% of the charter fee to thank the crew for their efforts.
Chartering a yacht in the Bahamas is one of the best trips in a yachtsman's life. Starting price for a yacht charter in the Bahamas will be around $25,000 for a week for 8 guests plus expenses. With a vast selection of yachts available in the area you’ll have a plethora of yachts to choose from:
- From 20m to 25m: $20,000 to $40,000
- From 25m to 30m: $30,000 to 60,000
- From 30m to 35m: $50,000 to 90,000
- From 35m to 40m: $60,000 to 100,000
- From 40m to 45m: $90,000 to 200,000When
- From 45m to 50m: $130,000 to 220,000
- From 50m to 55m: $150,000 to 250,000
- From 55mto 60m: $250,000 to 400,000
- From 60m to 65m: $350,000 to 650,000
- From 65m to 70m: $450,000 to 700,000
- From 70m to 75m: $450,000 a 750,000
- From 75m to 80m: $600,000 to 1,000,000
- From 80m to 85m: $700,000 to 1,300,000
- From 85m to 90m: $900,000 to 1,000,000
- Above 90m: $1,000,000 +
- Above 95m from $1,500,000+
The charter season in the Bahamas spreads pretty much year-round, with balmy climes and shallow waters making it more or less ideal to cruise all year round. However, the peak charter season is from mid-December to the end of April. The best time to charter a yacht in the Bahamas is going to be around Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve, and Easter.
Most of the yacht charters in the Bahamas will start in Nassau with a vibrant nightlife, iconic scenery, and proximity to high-end resorts. The renowned Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island, with exciting casinos and fine dining options.
Our charter broker Bradley Van-Rooyen cruised the Bahamas extensively in his previous life aboard a successful charter yacht and pulled together the following sports for you:
- Nassau - Golf, restaurants, nightlife, casinos.
- Rose Island - Uninhabited private Island to enjoy the private beaches. Perfect for picnics and beach BBQs.
- Staniel Cay - Home of the swimming pigs and is a great location to enjoy some fishing and exploring the reefs. For any James Bond fans, this is a must-stop. As some of James Bond's famous scenes are filmed at the Thunderball Grotto.
- Compass Cay - Home to the nurse sharks that if done with caution you can almost hand feed the sharks from the swim platform at night time.
- Shroud Cay - Mangrove-style areas around here make for great fishing, conch, and lobster fishing too. This is also a hot spot to see turtles along with many different bird species. Snorkelling and kayaking here are also highly recommended.
- Norman Cay - This has to be done for anyone who has seen Narcos or knows of Pablo Escobar as this is where you can snorkel or dive into one of the wrecks from when one of his planes crashed into the ocean.
- Harbour island - This is where you go to step back in time and see the colonial buildings all brightly painted in pastel colours. Lovely local markets and perfect restaurants to taste some of the local cuisines.
- Grand Bahama - This is the perfect place to go for the daredevil inside you who wishes to dive with sharks or snorkel some of the prettiest reefs you might ever see.
- Green Turtle Cay - This is a small outpost Island with a big personality and is rich in history. It is an extremely friendly island with many beachfront restaurants and bars to choose from while exploring the town.
- Spanish Wells - This is a fantastic place to snorkel, fish, and scuba dive as the extensive reefs here are home to much marine life over the years the reef has also claimed many ships in the past leaving wrecks for you to explore.
- Hope Town - What was once a sleepy town home to fishermen and wreck salvagers is now home to many rum-filled bars and picturesque spots to grab lunch at one of the restaurants serving freshly caught fish and conch.
Leave us your contact details and our team will be in touch shortly to provide you with your quick request.
Leave us your contact detail and our team will be in touch shortly to provide you with a list of yachts available for charter in the destination you chose within the dates you prefer.
TELL US MORE ABOUT YOUR CHARTER AND OUR TEAM WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH A RELEVANT YACHT SELECTION.