CONTACT OUR CHARTER BROKERS ABOUT CHARTERING IN THIS DESTINATION
The cost of chartering a yacht in the South of France will start at around $20,000 a week, plus an additional 30% advanced provisioning allowance (APA), 14% VAT, and a discretionary tip. The APA will cover the food, drinks, fuel, and berthing during your travels, and the tip remains at the discretion of the client but is advised anywhere between 10% to 20% of the charter fee to thank the crew for their efforts.
The starting price for a yacht charter in the South of France will be around $20,000 for a week for 6-8 guests plus expenses. There’s a vast selection of yachts available in the area, with many size categories to choose from:
- A 20m sailing yacht will cost around €20,000pw + all
- A 25m motor yacht will cost around €25,000pw + all
- A 30m yacht will cost around €60,000pw + all
- A 40m superyacht will cost around €175,000pw + all
- A 50m superyacht will cost around €275,000pw + all
The Mediterranean high season runs for 8 weeks from July to August. However, the area remains busy from the Monaco Grand Prix at the end of May until the Monaco Yacht Show in late September. Therefore, the Mediterranean season can be regarded as being 16 weeks long.
Most of the yacht charters in the South of France will start in one of the region’s main marinas, such as Monaco’s Port Hercules. A great cruise is from Monaco to St Tropez, passing by Eze, St Jean Cap Ferrat, Antibes and Cannes.
Our charter broker Lucrecia Vogogna has cruised the South of France extensively and recommends:
- St Tropez - Spend your day admiring the original architecture surrounding the port, and take the time to enjoy a cocktail by the beach while people watching.
- Cannes - Home to the famous Film Festival, check out the Promenade de la Croisette. And be sure to take a look at the lavish boutiques and shopping streets.
- Villefranche - A picturesque old town nestled along the Côte d’Azur that has long been favoured among the yachting elite.
- Cassis - Smaller vessels can access the narrow Calanques, and divers can explore the cliffs.
- Porquerolles - Find the hidden sandy beaches, marine life and flora and fauna.
Leave us your contact details and our team will be in touch shortly to provide you with your quick request.
Leave us your contact detail and our team will be in touch shortly to provide you with a list of yachts available for charter in the destination you chose within the dates you prefer.
TELL US MORE ABOUT YOUR CHARTER AND OUR TEAM WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH A RELEVANT YACHT SELECTION.