Sales / Charter
Mobile: +33 6 43 91 70 77
Office: +377 97 77 67 57
James has a unique perspective regarding the pre-sales, sales, specification management and project delivery of yachts in excess of 100ft/30m, having been Superyacht Sales Manager for Sunseeker International Ltd and M Class Director (Sales) for Princess Yachts Ltd. This in turn makes James the leading global authority on yachts over 100ft/30m built by both of these British based Shipyards.
This Shipyard based experience coupled with working on over 70 Superyacht projects from concept/pre-sales through to completion and beyond, gives James a level of overall understanding that is second to none in this sector.
Having originally studied Yacht Manufacturing and Surveying in Southampton and then spending 14 years at Sunseeker International, starting in the warranty & aftersales team in 2002 and finishing as Superyacht Sales Manager in 2016, James also has a broad technical understanding of yachts, client requirements, regional differences and the levels of attention to detail required in this sector. This knowledge and experience has been developed further while he was M Class Director at Princess Yachts.
James has extensive experience with regards to;
• Client yacht selection
• New yacht conception, development & delivery
• Large yacht sales and negotiation
• Sales contract revisions and development in conjunction with legal counsel prior to the signing
• Client specification creation and development
• Specialist in liaising between designers, clients and shipyard teams
• Client relationship management of UHNW individuals from different parts of the world throughout the sales and build process
• Project delivery
• Routes to market for new and pre owned yachts
In addition to his technical, sales and product knowledge, James also has a huge network of global contacts developed over 18 years of working at the forefront of the luxury yachting sector. This includes yacht owners, prospective yacht owners, yacht distributors, superyacht brokers, captains & crew, suppliers and industry professionals.